Aeroflot has already notified
users, saying that the company has nothing to do with the fake contest: "Be careful and do not participate in dubious promotions posted on third-party resources acting as our company."
The risk is that this scheme, if technically modified, can be used by hackers to attack your devices, for example, by redirecting the user to a malicious program. Group-IB specialists believe that the user may face one of the following scenarios:
- In the event you use a mobile online bank, your device may be infected to steal money; Even if you do not use your phone as an e-wallet, you can also be signed up for paid services – when you enter your phone number and (without looking) accept the proposed terms of service.
- In the event your computer is part of a corporate network, then it can be leveraged to infect the entire network of the organization;
- Your computer may be connected to a botnet to conduct automatic DDoS attacks;
- Your computer may be used to mine bitcoins, store prohibited materials (such as illegal pornography), to conceal traces of crimes (for example, as a proxy server); It is not necessarily that the same individuals will be engaged in these new crimes - access to your computer may be sold for $1-2 dollars on the deep web;
- Your device will be scanned for compliance with certain characteristics (for example, 1C files, databases, etc.) and sooner or later your sensitive information will be stolen;
- In the event your phone is infected, in addition to the above-mentioned threats, your correspondence in messengers, as well as all photos and notes may also be stolen;
- If your naughty pictures are stored on the device, you may be blackmailed or demanded to pay a ransom;
- If you are a person of importance (which can be understood almost automatically), access to your device will be sold on the underground market to quite different 'specialists'. This will be the beginning of your real problems (espionage, wiretapping, competitive intelligence, competitive battles, leaks in media, etc.), and you will learn about it post-factum.